Silverlite Competition Poles – for when ultimate performance is more important than ultimate strength.
Silverlite Competition Poles – for when ultimate performance is more important than ultimate strength.In recent years poles have needed to become increasingly strong to cope with the large fish now commonplace in most lakes and rivers. However, extra strength invariably means extra weight, therefore the latest generation of poles are also heavier than their predecessors. Browning has recognised that not all anglers want or need a “power” pole. Many anglers still mainly target “silverfish” & F1s, therefore a light weight, ultra stiff and “fast” pole is more suitable and desirable than ultimate strength. Our Silverlite poles have been purpose designed for this type of fishing and are considerably lighter and stiffer than their “power” pole equivalents. They share many of the advanced features found on our market leading Xitan poles.
However, the Silverlites have some unique features specifically designed for this type of pole:
• Pre-bushed, 2 piece, topkits available with 3mm and 3.9mm tip diameters to suit light solid and medium hollow elastics
• The complete topkit is 2.75m long so correct for light hollow elastics running through both sections. The 2nd sections have reinforced bands so can be drilled to convert to side pulla kits.
• The topkit tip sections are 1.6m long so perfect for use with light solid elastics running through the tip section only, and a convenient length for breaking down at when fishing in very shallow water.
• The top sections are available separately and provide a low cost way of having a range of light elastic grades available and ready for use.
• The poles are supplied with an “Adjusta” Pole Protector section that can easily be cut to length to make the pole exactly 13m long.
• The Silverlite topkits and 3rd section are compatible (including length) with all Browning Xitan poles. The Silverlites are aimed at experienced pole anglers who want the performance benefits of light weight and increased stiffness, but also understand and are willing to accept some compromise on the pole’s strength.
Silverlite SL 10-12
The first choice for catching quality silverfish and F1’s.
The Silverlite 10-12 is an ultra “fast”, ultra stiff and light match pole. Made from the highest quality carbon, it is primarily designed for “silverfish” angling, but is easily strong enough for catching F1’s and, in experienced hands, match sized carp. This is an “expert” level pole for anglers who want the best.
Silverlite SL 10-08
The stiffest, lightest pole in its price range.
The Silverlite 10-08 is a lower cost version of the range leading 10-12 and, up to 14.5 meters, offers similar level of performance to its more expensive brother – and is still very impressive at a full 16m! Very stiff and remarkably light, the 10-08 is also easily strong enough for catching F1’s and, in experienced hands, match sized carp. The 10-08 is an excellent all-round pole for anglers for anglers who fish for everything except very large fish.
Silverlite SL 10-06
Stiffer and lighter than typical poles in this price range.
Our Silverlite 10-12 and 10-08 poles have been a major success due to their incredible rigidity and balance. Therefore we have extended the range to include a lower cost version so more anglers can enjoy the Silverlite „magic“. The 10-06 includes all the advanced Silverlite features and technology. Like the more expensive models, it is stiffer and lighter than typical poles in this price range.