Sphere Technology and Innovation applied to Long Whip Fishing.
Browning’s Sphere Silverlite System Whip incorporates the same ultra high quality materials and advanced carbon manufacturing techniques that have made our Sphere EXO, F1+ and PT+ the best poles available.
The mixed tele / takeapart System Whip is ultra slim and extremely light in weight. However, Sphere grade carbon and build technology has allowed us to retain the middle section stiffness needed for fishing “to-hand”, or short-line speed fishing, at long lengths – all the way to 10m!
We believe that this is the lightest and most durable long whip available – a whip which will give the angler a genuine performance advantage.
The Sphere Silverlite System Whip features :
• The choice for experienced, professional level competition anglers who demand the best.
• Made with the highest quality Japanese carbon available with internal reinforcing.
• Overwrapped grip areas on the stressed lower sections to add strength and resist crushing.
• Short Pole Protector sections, with curved ends. fitting the 7, 8, 9 & 10 sections which protect section ends from damage – particularly if fishing “to-hand” at long lengths with the pole pivoting between the legs.
• 3 piece tele topkits in two designs of similar length to suit different needs and styles of fishing:- Version 1 has long solid flicktip, spliced-in for a perfect tip action. The fine tip is suitable for small fish techniques. However, the taper is designed to allow the tip to be cut back to create progressively stiffer actions.- Version 2 has a hollow tip for use with power gum or short lengths of elastic. The kit still retains the “action” needed for long-line fishing. The tip section can also be removed and a larger bush fitted allowing the whip to be used for short-line speed fishing.
• The 8m standard whip is made up of a 3-section telescopic topkit, plus 5 take-apart sections, and is supplied with a reversible 7m/8m Pole Protector.
• The flicktip A section is deliberately longer than the hollow A as would expect most anglers to cut the solid tip back around 10cm. This will result in the hollow and solid kits roughly the same length – useful for rigs!
• Supplied in a special hardshell carry case with pockets for the main pole, extra kits and the optional extensions.
Models & Sets
To view all Models and Set Kit Configurations, please use our Online-Catalogue.
Sphere and Silverlite poles are section compatible and there’s a wide range of topkits and accessories available to fit both ranges. See all items here.